Over 2 decades of providing IT support for London small and medium sized businesses!
Support Tree Is Born
November 5th 2002
Company Inception - JLCIT Limited
- Founding of the company in London as an IT service and security provider.
- Initial focus on offering managed IT services to small and medium-sized businesses.
- One employee, the founder James and a bike. A keen cyclist who powers around London helping clients.
April 21st 2004
Expansion of Service Offerings
- Company expands its service portfolio to include network security solutions and data backup services.
- Begins providing enterprise class services to SMBs.
October 11th 2005
- Current owner and CEO Neil Denning joins in October 2005.
- Also a keen cyclist he hits the roads and helps keep Support Tree's clients working.
June 4th 2007
First Major Client Acquisition
- Secures a contract with a prominent hospitality provider, establishing the company's reputation as a reliable provider of IT services.
December 3rd 2010
Major Technology Investment
- Automation and remote access is coming a long way. We less and less need to cycle out to our clients and instead invest into a remote monitoring and management tool.
May 23nd 2018
Company Rebranding to Support Tree
- Undergoes a comprehensive rebranding effort, adopting a new name new logo and visual identity to reflect its evolution as a leading IT service and security provider.
- Strengthens the company's brand recognition and positioning in the market.
July 1st 2019
Service Desk Institute Awards Runner Up
- An incredibly hard award we came close runners up in this national service quality awards.
January 25th 2020
Introduction of Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
- Launches Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services to provide clients with a comprehensive approach to threat detection, response, and remediation.
December 5th 2022
A Change To Our Structure, Support Tree 2.0
- Neil the very first employee of Support Tree becomes the CEO as our founder James decides to venture on to new pastures.
June 7th 2023
Winners of NextGen 100 awards
- Support Tree winners of NextGen 100 awards
After a historic 20 years serving London, we look forward to future and what's in store!
The Support Tree Values
We have four core values at Support Tree that everyone is expected to abide by. We talk about them all of time, every day. Our team members refer their and other's behaviours back to our values. They are used to praise and to help guide in 1to1's.
We chose our values around 7 years ago. The leadership team drew a table with all team member names at the top and then went through each team member noting what values we thought they really showed.
Once we had exhausted the lists we counted up the values that were most frequently shown across the team and whittled them down to the four core values.